Our practice constantly strives to provide excellent, comfortable patient care delivered in an efficient and prompt manner. The role of a Trainee/Qualified Dental Nurse is essential in enabling this to happen. Whilst the following list is not exhaustive, it outlines the main duties that you will be asked to perform. We require commitment and enthusiasm from our team.
* Assist the dentist/hygienist/therapist in all clinical procedures, providing chairside assistance.
* Maintain impeccable standards of hygiene and cross infection control, according to the latest guidelines and following practice procedures and policy. Prepare instrument trays for procedures.
* Follow all practice procedures and protocols to maintain patient confidentiality.
* At the end of the surgical day, ensure the surgery management is adhered to in line with practice procedures and policy.
* Advise the Lead Nurse of any faulty or poorly functioning equipment, so that prompt action can be taken to remedy any defects/problems and ensure service and maintenance at the required frequency.
* Ensure that all the relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and that all client records are updated and maintained, according to practice procedures.
* Build trusting and caring relationships with all patients, and take all reasonable steps to ensure their comfort and retain them as a client.
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
* Monitor stock levels for materials and sundries and order/liaise with Lead Nurse on ordering.
* Coordinate with the laboratory on timely dispatch and receipt of work.
* Assist the clinical team and reception team in gaining acceptance for treatment plans from clients and support the practice in gaining testimonials and referrals from clients.
* Proactively contribute to regular practice meetings.
* Assist in manning the reception as the business necessitates, providing a customerfocused and seamless patient journey according to the practice’s brand standards that assists in recruiting and retaining patients.
*Skills & Attitudes:*
* Enthusiasm and commitment
* Ability to work flexibly
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including a positive and friendly phone manner)
* Excellent listening skills and a calm, empathetic approach to patients
* Dedicated to providing a first class customer service experience
* Builds trust and rapport with a wide range of people
* Good organisational skills
* Good technical skills and knowledge
* Excellent follow-up ability on all tasks
* Ability to work as part of a team, and alone when required
* Good IT skills
* An ability to bring energy and enthusiasm to any situation and always act with honesty and integrity A “can-do” attitude, with the desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges To be proactive and demonstrate initiative
* Prepared to work according to the practice systems and brand standards
* A professional appearance
Job Type: Part-time Part-time hours: 16-32 per week
The School of Dental Nursing’s mission is to create opportunities for those wanting to make a valued contribution to the Health and Wellbeing of Dental patients. SDN is a vital link between intending dental nurses and other dental professionals... Read More